Musical Meanderings

This is a blog centered around some of the musical encounters and experiences that I come upon in my daily life as a musician.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alameda, California

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

New Recording!

Well, here I am, very early in the morning, trying to work out a new piece for my upcoming recording project and program it into Sibelius so that I can print it out for tonight's rehearsal with the percussionist. I am new to Sibelius, and so this is all very exciting to me. To have a beautiful score to hand to fellow musicians is an amazing feeling, not to mention that changes can be made without having to write the whole thing again.

But it certainly is time consuming. The recording for my new CD will take place on Thursdays and Fridays in April and May. Most of the music is written but needs to be arranged and programmed into Sibelius. And the musical group is not hired yet.

I am just kind of going on a whim this time. Reserve the dates first, and then let the whole process fall into place. It's a little scary, but exciting. I have not recorded my own CD in quite awhile, and so I felt I needed to jumpstart the thing to get it going.
So now it is taking shape! And I have to go work on it.

Instrumentation for this project will be: cello, guitar, percussion, clarinet, violin and maybe string quartet.

Bye bye! Talk later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home