Musical Meanderings

This is a blog centered around some of the musical encounters and experiences that I come upon in my daily life as a musician.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alameda, California

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Magic


Just a short note here: Isabelle has won an audition with her eighth size cello and she will be performing as a soloist on the honors recital at the Colorado Suzuki Institute at Beaver Creek (Vail) on June 10th. This is very exciting! I am certainly not a competition winner, but, well, she's better than me!

The day we got the congratulations letter in the mail,she said to me, "Mom, why did I win?" I said, "You know what I think? I think the judges watched the video of you, and they saw the magic." She smiled. Later that afternoon when her father came home and she told him that she won, he said, "Wow, that's great!", to which she replied, "Yeah," (turning and running up the stairs, shrugging), "They saw the magic."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home